Most schools begin the week of August 10th and tax free weekend is a great opportunity to purchase back to school supplies and new clothing! It begins Friday, August 5th and lasts until Sunday, August 7th. The main gist is that any clothing item $60 and under is tax free and for school supplies, it’s $15 or under.
Items that will not be tax free are:
- Computers and computer-related accessories
- Books not otherwise exempt
- A clothing item that is more than $60
- Any school supply item that is more than $15
- Clothing or school supplies sold in theme parks, entertainment complexes or airports.