Whether you are hosting family or doing a Friendsgiving this year, it’s always helpful to stay organized and plan ahead. Below are some tips to help you prepare for Thanksgiving:
- Clean out your cabinets, fridge, and freezer to make room for all the extra food you will be preparing and have leftover.
- If there is anything you can cook ahead and freeze- do that now. Most soups, pie crusts, bread, and turkey stock can be made ahead.
- If guests are staying with you, wash all the sheets, blankets and pillow cases and plan out where everyone will be sleeping.
- Count how many plates you have and figure out if you need to purchase or borrow more.
- If you are planning on creating a centerpiece, make it now so you will not have to worry about it next week.
- Look for any items on sale the next two weeks that you need and purchase them now.
- Buy your turkey at least the weekend before Thanksgiving.
- If you are doing a potluck, contact those who are bringing items and finalize the meal list.
- And if you need help, remember to ask!