Today, or more so tomorrow at 2am, is daylight savings time. Below are a list of 10 things to do on Daylight Savings Day:
- Reverse ceiling fans to “winter mode” which is essentially counterclockwise. This helps during winter months to pull the heat up to the ceiling and down along the wall. This will help keep your home warm during the winter. (For those who live in Florida, you may want to wait a few weeks or a month, it’s almost cooler out).
- Flip your mattress.
- Check the batteries in your fire/carbon monoxide alarm.
- Back up your devices. If you do not have an external hard rive to hold all of your storage needs, now would be a good time to purchase one and back up all the technology in your home.
- Seal any cracks along the windows and doors. Re-caulk around the tub, toilet, and sink if needed.
- Schedule a furnace inspection.
- Drain your water heater as suggested by energy.gov. Flowchart Explaining types of water heaters and maintenance
- If you have a chimney, call a certified chimney inspector to complete an inspection: Chimney Safety Institute of America
- Clean out the medicine cabinet and toss expired medicines and replace with new ones.
- Set you clocks back before you go to bed!
Here’s to a productive weekend and also a Happy Halloween!